Confirming Your Submission
Articles may be directly emailed to Dr. MacDowell at oceanseminary @ verizon.net or submitted online via this website. If you do not receive a personal confirmation email from Dr. MacDowell within 5 days of submitting your article, please email her at the noted address. Intermittently items get lost on our server. Assume your work has not been received until you hear personally from her, Dr. Mark Schroll, or Tanya Collins.
Submission Requirements for Full-length Articles
- 3,500 to 8,000 words double-spaced, indent paragraphs, 1-inch margins, right-margin ragged, Times New Roman 12 point font.
- Acceptable files for submission are .doc or Word files.
- APA Manual of Style is the required style for submissions. To learn more of the APA Manual of Style:www.apastyle.org
- Scholarly papers should be structured as follows:
- Title page, author's name, institutional affiliation, author's notes (bio, email, acknowledgments, grants, etc.) and contact information
- Title-Only Page, author's name and information removed for blind review
- o Abstract-a concise description of your research
- o Introduction
- o Body
- o Discussion (if engaged in empirical research, please ensure discussion of bias, confounds, and alternative explanations are addressed)
- o Appendices
- o Endnotes
- o Tables (graphics may be flowed into the paper itself. If article is accepted you will be asked to email graphics in a high-quality image)
- o References
- If you have a longer article that you feel makes a significant contribution to the goals of this journal, please send it in.
- If you would like to edit a special issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Requirements for Visual Images
- Please create a high-resolution image of at least 300 pixels.
- Maximum size is 8 inches by 11 inches
- Acceptable online formats are .gif, .jpg
All work should be emailed to Dr. Katherine Batten MacDowell at email@example.com